Saturday 13 September 2014

Doctor Who 'Listen' Episode Review (no spoilers)

What's up Nerdlings!

Episode four has probably been the most creepy episode of series eight, but not the scariest Steven Moffat has ever written, and definitely not my favourite.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode, but some aspects of it were, to me, rather confusing at times, and I didn't fully understand how they went into the Doctor's past. It was all just too quick for me to fully grasp.
Nevertheless, the episode was still very good, the beginning was very tense, and gripping, and I immediately thought the monster was going to be the Silence until we saw the word LISTEN scrawled across the Doctor's chalkboard.
I found this episode to be very hooking. As soon as it started I was on the edge of my chair, desperate to find out what the monster was. The scene under the bed was terrifying, and the figure sitting on the bed with the quilt over it's head was scary, throughout that whole scene I just wanted to know what the monster was beneath.
I also really enjoyed how Clara and the Doctor both acted in this episode. Clara was very feisty, and reminded me very much of a former companion known as Donna Noble. She was very motherly when around Rupert, and I loved the scene when she placed the soldier figurines underneath his bed to guard him.
This episode also showed a different side to the Doctor's personality, and how unreliable, and cold he can be. And it really excited me. We haven't seen a dark side to the Doctor in a while, and I'm really electrified for him to be returning. And for the next episode of Doctor Who, which will be airing next Saturday at 7:30pm on the BBC. Don't miss it!

That's it on my episode review, I hope you enjoyed it, and if so, please follow us on Google+ and keep checking back for more tags, reviews and other such things. Also, check out our Twitter to find out when we'll be uploading.

Allons y Nerdlings, and remember...


No comments:

Post a Comment